Kultur Aktiv has been hosting European volunteers for about 15 years. For the second year in a row we are very happy to welcome a volunteer from Dresden’s twin city Skopje (Macedonia).
Kultur Aktiv e.V. was founded as an association in 2002 to support urban subculture in Dresden’s district ‘Neustadt’. Only a few years later it was expanded to an organization that knows how to network and present art and culture professionally in Germany and abroad (Balkans, Czech Republic, Russia, Caucasus).
Kultur Aktiv promotes arts and culture, education and creative potentials through international exchange and voluntary commitment. On the list of the activities are festivals, club concerts and parties, reading sessions, exhibitions, movie nights, multipliers’ meetings, voluntary services and internships, training courses, workshops and discussions.
Furthermore, to everyone who’s interested we offer a basis to carry out their own ideas and projects of various cultural categories. We create and arrange opportunities for presenting independently initiated cultural projects in Dresden and the surrounding area. Among those are primarily projects of local urban and social culture.
Dresden – The city
The volunteer will have the opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful cities in Germany. It has a long history as the capital and residence of the princes and kings of Saxony, who have for centuries complemented the city with its cultural and artistic splendour. The city was known as a “jewellery box” because the very centre of the city was dotted with baroque and rococo buildings.
Tasks of the volunteer
- Developing the cooperation in cultural field of the twin cities of Skopje and Dresden
- Assisting in preparing and running projects
- Planning, running and evaluating own small-scale projects
- Layout for print and online material
- Website and social media of the organisation
Profile of the volunteer
- Good knowledge in English and/or German
- Interest in cultural events and management
- Knowledge of graphic design would be a plus
European Solidarity Corps
1. May 2020 – 30. April 2021 (12 months)
- Travel North Macedonia – Dresden – North Macedonia
- Room in shared apartment
- Food money
- Pocket money
- Health insurance
- Language course German
- Local transport in Dresden